Friday, October 14, 2011

Penciling me in - Writing Lesson - Uses of a pencil

     Whenever I am asked to draw a picture I like to use a good drawing pencil.  Often I use the same drawing pencil to color the drawing.  A lot of people use a pencil to write but I don't because it moves too slowly for me.  An ink pen moves faster and it is even too slow to keep up with my thoughts sometimes and words and even sentences in my mind get left out, leaving areas of my writing not making sense.  You could use a pencil for games too, like pick up sticks or building a log cabin.  Course you would have to chop the pencils up and that would be a waste so better if you go outside and find a stick or small dead tree limb.  Sometimes I find myself useing a a pencil for a finger baton.  I also use pencils for book markers and every so often to keep my ear away from my head by sticking it on my ear so I don't lose it.  I lose a lot of pencils and pens by keeping them in my hand when I go to get something, then lay them down somewhere along the way to and fro.  Most often I cannot figure out where I laid them until later when I clean house.  Then it's like hitting the jackpot when I find so many pencils.  Last but not least they're usually not too bad to chew on.  Just remember they are not a lollypog with a gob of chocolate in the center.

Note:  This writing lesson  (but not the contents) was taken from the book, "The Write Brain" "Pencil Me In", by Bonnie Neubauer.

No comments: